Recognition for South Texas Health System McAllen
Learn about the awards and accreditations earned by South Texas Health System McAllen:
Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Received the Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2019-2021). In addition, the hospital ranks among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation for patient safety (2019-2021).
- Received Chest Pain Management certification by The Joint Commission.
- All six South Texas Health System Freestanding Emergency Departments (FEDs) have received Chest Pain Management certification by The Joint Commission.
Emergency and Trauma Care
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists for meeting or exceeding the most scientifically rigorous customized checklist requirements.
- STHS McAllen participates in the Texas Ten Step program. The Department of State Health Services (DSHS), in collaboration with the Texas Hospital Association, developed the program as a method to improve maternity care practices in birthing facilities. Policy development, education of staff and provision of discharge resources for breastfeeding mothers are key initiatives.
Recognized by Healthgrades for women’s services year after year.
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award (2019-2022)
- Gynecologic Procedures Five-Star Recipient (2017-2022)
- Hysterectomy Five-Star Recipient (2019-2022)
- Recognized by Healthgrades as a Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2021-2022).
- Accredited in MRI and Nuclear Medicine by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The stroke and cardiac rehabilitation programs at South Texas Health System McAllen have been certified by The Joint Commission.
- South Texas Health System’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Units rank in the top 10% of Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities in the United States per the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (2021-2022).
- The South Texas Health System Neurosciences & Stroke Institute has received the American Heart Association®/American Stroke Association®’s Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Roll Elite Plus, Advanced Therapy and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Quality Achievement Award 2022.
- Received a Comprehensive Stroke Center designation from DNV and a Comprehensive (Level I) Stroke Facility designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- South Texas Health System’s six Freestanding Emergency Departments have each earned an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital certification by The Joint Commission.
- Received the 2021 Women’s Choice Awards for Best Hospitals for Mammogram Imaging Center.
- The South Texas Health System Wound Healing Center has received the 2020 Center of Distinction award by Healogics®.
Last updated 12/2022